Grid Sage Forums

• October 21, 2024, 09:09:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Clearer location reports for robot fabrication (and Recycling reports?)  (Read 873 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

There are a lot of times, especially when playing flight, where i want to know which Fabricator just built some new robots on its own, so that i can know where to expect them.
Sure, i could try to use the coordinate system, but i consistently forget what each number stands for. (And also only works if you have showMapBorders=1, which i do, but still.)

The lack of map comments for robot fabrication is probably an intentional decision based on the fact that the robots are going to move away,
but how about having the report give the ID of the Fabricator (like Recycling monitoring does), as well as add a map comment at the location of the Fabricator listing its ID?
The upsides of this suggestion are that it :
-Makes it clear which Fabricator just made new robots;
-Doesn't have the impertinent permanence of just a map comment with the robots' names;
-Would also work for Recycling Unit monitoring (which is even more unclear than coordinates)¹;

¹I can't remember
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 02:52:23 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Yeah it's a possibility. Could be filed under a large collection of other related updates that could happen, though not sure at this point if those will come to pass. Currently doing feature voting on Patreon and there's a ton of optional work to do...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon