Grid Sage Forums

• September 20, 2024, 09:17:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 14] Analysis(watcher) at -8 always gives W-16 Scout, never W-25 Informer  (Read 57 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

Using the hack "analysis(watcher)" at depth -8 on a level 1 terminal either :
-Attempts to get the W-16 Scout analysis if you don't currently have it;
-Or says "data survey indicates that all relevant intel is already known" or whatever.

However, the Watcher bots for depth -8 are only ever W-25 Informers, whose analysis can also be hacked at that depth from a level 1 terminal, thus making them more relevant.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

I'm guessing there must've been something else at play here, since both the code and my tests just now show that you get the W-25 analysis when doing this hack on -8/Materials.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

I'll try to replicate it later, though after thinking about it, there's a good chance i made a mistake, that i simply got the W-25 analysis,
forgot about it, wondered if i had it or not because i seemed to miss way too many shots against them,
checked my analysis list later, failed to see it in there, and then tried the hack which didn't give me the thing i already had.
Then used "Analysis(informer)" instead, which did work because it didn't care that i already had it.