Grid Sage Forums

• September 20, 2024, 06:00:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 14] Can't right-click unfinished machinery for information  (Read 249 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
[Beta 14] Can't right-click unfinished machinery for information
« on: September 10, 2024, 02:10:07 AM »

Unfinished machinery, which appears yellow, cannot be right-clicked to get an information window, even if a different information window is already open.
(I need to have another information window open to be able to right-click inspect walls or doors, but unfinished machinery just can't be inspected by right-clicking.)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 14] Can't right-click unfinished machinery for information
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2024, 02:28:20 AM »

There is no additional information for Unfinished Machinery beyond what you see in the scan window (its temporary armor value), so there's nothing to open, it's unfinished.

I need to have another information window open to be able to right-click inspect walls or doors
What is this referring to? While it's true you could get access that way more conveniently while already inspecting something else, as per the commands list you don't need another info window open to do that--the proper command is Ctrl-RMB to inspect walls and doors.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

N.W.L

• Derelict
  • N.W.L- Not-War-Lord ( yes I know it's not correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2024, 04:24:39 PM »

What is this referring to? While it's true you could get access that way more conveniently while already inspecting something else, as per the commands list you don't need another info window open to do that--the proper command is Ctrl-RMB to inspect walls and doors.
If you are playing mostly with the mouse, while it is possible to use control, it's not very easy to find so the way I play is by inspecting a part, I didn't know you could use the control key and them inspect, until now (and I'm not particularly new with almost 300 hrs.) As for suggestions, not much, maybe a tutorial message for using control when you see a reinforced wall? If not there already of corse. (It is in the Advanced menu but that's maybe suboptimal since it is very important to see the armor and resistances

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2024, 06:10:56 PM »

Yeah I know it's not optimal, just ended up being required otherwise people are going to be a lot more likely to accidentally open that info all the time.

As for tutorial help on that topic... people ignore so many of those beyond the start that it seems pointless to add them for things that are too minor and/or really only pertinent for people who are playing for much longer and will/should have greater familiarity with the commands. Opening another info to then open wall info is certainly a fine approach as well, not requiring keyboard, just pointing out that there is technically the more direct way to do it, which I presume R-26 did not know about either.

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2024, 05:11:34 AM »

I'm pretty sure i did know or at least read about it, but i never actually used it.

There is no additional information for Unfinished Machinery beyond what you see in the scan window (its temporary armor value), so there's nothing to open, it's unfinished.
So does that mean it doesn't have any resistances/weaknesses, or does it still have the regular machinery resistances/weaknesses?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2024, 05:15:27 AM »

Technically has the same as all other machines. They're all made of the same "material."