Grid Sage Forums

• September 07, 2024, 07:19:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Cogmind build/route randomizer (download)  (Read 1919 times)

Gokudera ElPsyCongroo

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Cogmind build/route randomizer (download)
« on: July 20, 2024, 03:16:53 PM »

If like me you love not planning builds or routes and always hit random at the start of other roguelikes, you can now do the same in Cogmind! Made a little python script that chooses a build archetype and a route for you at random and prints it as a mission order:

- Randomizes your propulsion type.
- Randomizes your alignment and/or some build-defining items and/or some special modes.
- Randomizes your route, taking into account branches, alignment, exclusions.

To use:
- Install python 3.x
- Download the attached file, cogmind_build_randomizer.txt
- Rename it cogmind_build_randomizer.py
- Open a terminal in the folder where you downloaded cogmind_build_randomizer.py. If you don't know how to on Windows, download open_a_terminal_here.txt in the same folder, rename it open_a_terminal_here.bat and double click it.
- In the terminal, type
Code: [Select]
python3 cogmind_build_randomizer.py and press enter

Supports up to Beta 13. Keep in mind I'm still unspoiled about many parts of the game, especially endgame so let me know if a build archetype or route would seem relevant to add.

I would love to see it added to the game as a difficulty option! Something that would give you bonus score if you complete the mentioned objectives and substract from it if you diverge. Or more extreme, even skew the rng to only permitt one build archetype and one route, though I can imagine that would be very time consuming for potentially only a few users haha. In any case, enjoy :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 05:51:43 PM by Gokudera ElPsyCongroo »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Cogmind build/route randomizer (download)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2024, 06:12:23 AM »

Nice! I know some people are occasionally out there asking for run ideas or some more direction rather than just going with the flow (that being the normal Cogmind play, and often going to be easier, but it can be a greater challenge and you can learn even more by trying to stick closer to some desired build or route). I imagine a few might be interested in trying this out :) (shared it with the Discord server as well)

Something that would give you bonus score if you complete the mentioned objectives and substract from it if you diverge.
Well now that we're well into "wild things" territory and don't have to worry about the core content, you'll be happy to know that there are more such things coming, quest-like concepts that require you to visit multiple locations, and yeah you'll get bonus points in some cases (though it's not yet usually for the points, it'd be for actual rewards which are even better than points! :D). More of it in Beta 14, and even more in some future versions, perhaps eventually quite a lot of it (optional, of course) once I get to adding on of the other confirmation factions later, as per the current concept for that...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Gokudera ElPsyCongroo

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2024, 10:57:14 AM »

Well now that we're well into "wild things" territory and don't have to worry about the core content, you'll be happy to know that there are more such things coming, quest-like concepts that require you to visit multiple locations, and yeah you'll get bonus points in some cases (though it's not yet usually for the points, it'd be for actual rewards which are even better than points! :D). More of it in Beta 14, and even more in some future versions, perhaps eventually quite a lot of it
Oh my, exciting news! I can't wait to see that :) Your Cogmind Vision 2025 post on steam hyped me very much

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 12:58:31 AM »

Heh, yeah trying not to drive too much hype there, but it was also a good opportunity to share my long-term plans since they're pretty clear out to a good ways, mainly a case of just getting it all done.

Gokudera ElPsyCongroo

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2024, 06:11:13 PM »

I updated the script. Now supports wintypes, missing alignments, missing branches (discovered thanks to the recent Kyzrati stream that Armory can appear in R! Was surprised haha)

Changes & additions
- Added missing Armory from R
- Added Zhirov alignment, taking into account contradiction with some wintypes
- Added support for ALL wintypes as of B13, trying to cover every existing case and mutually exclusive quests unlike previous version. Thanks to that, the Final Mission is now mandatory.
- Added back DSF looper special mode. Runs have 40% chance to be a special mode.
- Fixed some wordings or redundant syntax. Sorry for any typo, I am French :)

To update follow the main post, replacing any previously existing files (to see files create an account).
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 11:25:44 PM by Gokudera ElPsyCongroo »

Gokudera ElPsyCongroo

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2024, 05:50:27 PM »

Update:
- Added missing legs propulsion type.
Yup, forgot them all along, a shame considering the fun I have with melee legs builds🤦‍♂️

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2024, 07:10:25 PM »

Oooh, gonna really like the new RCS change for Beta 14 then :) (I like melee legs too)