Grid Sage Forums

• September 07, 2024, 07:37:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 13.240412a] scorehistory.txt being overwritten when using -customFilePath  (Read 1283 times)

joke_LA

• Unaware
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile

Circumstances under which the bug occurs: I am running the game with the -customFilePath option to put saves, screenshots, and user files outside the install directory.

What happened: I noticed that my user/scorehistory.txt file only had one run listed in it, the most recent one. In my scores/ directory I can still see the individual scoresheets from many previous runs. When I completed another run, I checked again, and instead of appending to the scorehistory.txt file, it had overwritten again only showing one line with the last run.

I noticed also that user/notes.txt was being overwritten to the default version with each run of the game, preventing storing user-created notes there.

Steps to reproduce:
      1. Create an empty folder, and use the command line option -customFilePath:<path> to point Cogmind to it.
      2. Run the game and create a score entry by dying (or winning).
      3. In the newly created folder, check the user/scorehistory.txt, and either write down the seed of this run or copy the file somewhere to compare later.
      3a. (Optional) put some text into user/notes.txt, and save it.
      4. Run the game again, and create another score entry by dying (or winning).
      5. Check user/scorehistory.txt, and only the second run is listed. If changes were made to user/notes.txt, they are overwritten as well. Confirm in scores/ that two scoresheets are indeed made by the game.

I am not sure if other files are affected, like buffer.txt or config files. My tutor.bin and progress.bin files seem to be keeping my cumulative progress as normal (gallery, achievements, & lore).

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Ah yeah those files were added later and apparently not using the proper path testing methods compatible with custom paths, a feature that was added in one of Cogmind's first versions by request but almost no one seems to actually use it, or at least there's no crossover with those concerned with those two particular files! Other data works normally as expected, but those two will need to have their path checking methods adjusted to be compatible with that feature. Will add for Beta 14, coming soon.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Confirmed and confirmed fixed for the next release! Let me know if you notice any other files out of the ordinary when using that option, though I imagine it was probably just those two.

joke_LA

• Unaware
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile

Confirmed and confirmed fixed for the next release! Let me know if you notice any other files out of the ordinary when using that option, though I imagine it was probably just those two.

Thank you! I really like having the option to relocate my user folder and appreciate the support.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Glad someone's getting use out of the feature, thanks for letting me know :D