Grid Sage Forums

• September 07, 2024, 07:43:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Custom UI for Core Membrane  (Read 1153 times)

Johnny5001

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Custom UI for Core Membrane
« on: July 01, 2024, 12:50:53 PM »

The Core Membrane is permanently consumed to block all system corruption, but leaves the system corruption bar intact. This creates two (extremely minor) problems. One, screen space is being used on a bar can no longer be changed, and two, after coming back from a break, it isn't immediately obvious that the CM is equipped. Both of these problems could be fixed at once by having a reminder that the CM is equipped replace the Sys. Corruption bar. I have made (an admittedly amateur) mockup of what the could look like. A similar reminder could also be given to other permanently consumed items, but most either directly change HUD numbers (Integrated Mediator), have immediately noticeable effects (Nav. Matrix), or aren't impactful enough to be worth remembering (Integrated Mediator).

I had this idea after a failed Command Run where I forgot that I had the CM and decided to just enter Command rather than try to get some better loot and risk getting some system corruption for the programmers that were chasing me.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Custom UI for Core Membrane
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2024, 07:09:35 AM »

Yeah nice idea! I've been waiting on adding too many permanent mods to the HUD to reflect state changes like that, but those are gradually coming into play now that many of the possibilities are set and we know what needs to fill the potential space available. Nav. Matrix installation is actually already permanently on the HUD, by the way, with some others coming soon. I hadn't considered the membrane yet. And there are still a number of other effects and modifiers which don't have a home yet, still on the to do list... (also yet more coming in the next release xD)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Custom UI for Core Membrane
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2024, 07:12:04 AM »

I should add that for a long while now I've wanted to do a sort of separate interface listing permanent or semi-permanent mods that you've acquired, but it's remained on the todo list and not quite high enough priority to actually implement yet, primarily because I've wanted to wait as long as possible and see just how many and what types of things would need to fit in there, as it would affect the optimal layout and access methods.

Anyway, this one's now on the list along with the others I've got. Even without any separate UI, I do love the of reusing existing space like that :D
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon