Request a page here and someone might add it. Or learn about the topic and add it yourself!
So I'm looking at biomatter's post here and I was going to add the lore he has and try to find some more. How should we set up a lore section? With all the links between querys I mean. Should each query get its own page?
- Well, the lore system itself is almost set up like a wiki in the game, and each Query always has a unique title, so I'd say it makes sense for each record to have its own page with the Query as the title, and similarly link each keyword within to other pages. Then on the main page there can also be a new link to a Lore page that lists all known Queries, possibly organized alphabetically as the easiest way? --Kyzrati (talk) 02:40, 5 June 2015 (CDT)
Would it be possible to have this wiki use Semantic Mediawiki extension? I haven't used it before, but from what I understand it would make making lists of parts (like these easy because you could create them from templates using queries. Right now we have all the part data twice in the wiki, in the part pages themselves and the lists and with mediawiki that wouldn't be necessary.
- Looks like it could be pretty useful for those summary boxes, yeah. I'll see about installing it. (Note: It's helpful for future reference if you sign your comments with two hyphens followed by four tildes (and don't forget indentation when replying to a previous comment).) --Kyzrati (talk) 19:49, 4 October 2016 (CDT)
- Hm, I tried to install it but it failed to find all the files for some reason and I had to shut it down. I'll look into it again later, but already lost an hour to this this morning and I'm really busy with the upcoming release xD --Kyzrati (talk) 20:54, 4 October 2016 (CDT)
- Okay, installed! SMW is now available for use and should be working normally. (Turns out it also needed some dependencies I hadn't downloaded.) --Kyzrati (talk) 00:44, 17 October 2016 (CDT)
- Oh my that's a lot of configuration options xD. You'll have to tell me precisely which options you'd like me to set and I'll take care of it. Would it be enough simply set the NS_TEMPLATE value within smwgNamespacesWithSemanticLinks to true, or is there anything else you'll need in addition to that? --Kyzrati (talk) 08:52, 20 October 2016 (CDT)
- smwgQEqualitySupport should be changed to SMW_EQ_NONE. At the moment SMW thinks that a short name of an item (Lgt. Treads) is the same as the full name (Light Treads), and Utility and Weapon redirect to Item, making it think utilities and weapons go to the item slot. smwgEnabledEditPageHelp might also be changed to false, unless you think having the SMW help on editing is necessary. --Kalkkis (talk) 16:14, 20 October 2016 (CDT)