Grid Sage Forums

• September 29, 2024, 12:24:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Defensive analysis bonus  (Read 1396 times)

Kalkkis

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Defensive analysis bonus
« on: September 27, 2016, 08:33:47 PM »

You should get +5% evasion against robots you have analysed, right? Is this working correctly?

It looks like the adjacent G-34 Mercenary has 60+15r+10m=85% to hit me, shouldn't there be -5a as well?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Defensive analysis bonus
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 12:17:30 AM »

It appears to be working normally, yes. Maybe there's some other value you haven't taken into account there, considering how many there are that feed into accuracy xD. It would help identify which they are if the calc window showed their hit% breakdown in addition to yours, but I left that out of even the FULL detail level to cut down on clutter. I just tested it by allowing it to show enemy hit calculation as well, the second shot occurring after gaining the analysis:

It's true this shot appears to be the same situation and is at 80%, but I don't know what other conditions were present at the time of your screenshot.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kalkkis

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 05:06:09 AM »

Great to see it's working, thanks for checking. Can't see how it could get to 85% though, I didn't have heat and it shouldn't have targeting computer, and it certainly shouldn't have analysis of ME. Oh well.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 07:42:05 AM »

Heh, an analysis of you... Well, there is one area of the game where something along those lines has an impact ::) (no one has seen it yet--coming in Alpha 11)

I wouldn't completely rule out that there was a problem somewhere, but I see the code (and in action) and it's applied every time, so I'm tending to believe something else might've been the case. Though yeah there didn't seem to be heat at play--maybe movement? Maybe you didn't actually have the analysis for that particular variant? Keep an eye on it and we'll see.

Kalkkis

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 08:01:53 AM »

My shot shown in the screenshot is against the same bot, and I do get +5a there. And I already counted +10 for not moving for the enemy and I don't think you get bonuses for stationary targets, only for immobile ones. I'll keep an eye on it.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 08:10:30 AM »

Ah right yeah, covered that you get a +5 and therefore have the analysis... oops, getting really sleepy here after a long day! -_-