Grid Sage Forums

• September 20, 2024, 03:59:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Beta 14 (build 240808a) trojan acting odd (spoiler)  (Read 386 times)

N.W.L

• Derelict
  • N.W.L- Not-War-Lord ( yes I know it's not correct
    • View Profile
Beta 14 (build 240808a) trojan acting odd (spoiler)
« on: September 02, 2024, 07:41:06 PM »

I did a trojan(skim) and had 5 skims (1 more to go it says), what?? so i do it again but still 1 more to go? so not good. I have now 6 skims in the screenshot (not all of them). so not good.  I did it manually because your last stream tempted me. I was trying to find out on my own but no. Anyway I was going to ping you on discord but you were on the MTF stream and you account was zzz, so I'll let you enjoy it and put this here. Plus I need to sleep... good luck  :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 08:16:28 PM by N.W.L »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Beta 14 (build 240808a) trojan acting odd (spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 08:37:31 PM »

Well time has passed there, and if anything happened to any of the previously installed Terminals, you will have lost some Skim power and need to use yet more Terminals. I checked the save though and you got traced at a bunch of those Terminals, which prevents them from contributing to Skim at all. I will see about removing the hack from the Terminal info list to make that part more obvious (although few people ever look at that list, or even know it exists :P).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

N.W.L

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 05:06:44 AM »

I checked the save though and you got traced at a bunch of those Terminals, which prevents them from contributing to Skim at all..
It this specific to the Skim Trojan because I'm almost certain that I have done a Trojan(disrupt) gotten traced and it still worked.

I will see about removing the hack from the Terminal info list to make that part more obvious (although few people ever look at that list, or even know it exists :P).
There is a terminal info list? Well at least this bug report did something other than just waste time
« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 05:10:07 AM by N.W.L »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2024, 05:15:26 AM »

Yeah if you click a Terminal it shows what's installed there. Though I don't think I'll be making changes here, I did look and the hack is removed from the list if, for example, you see an Operator erase it.

Disrupt will only be removed by Operators and I think Programmers, too.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

N.W.L

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2024, 12:02:23 PM »

Yeah if you click a Terminal it shows what's installed there. Though I don't think I'll be making changes here, I did look and the hack is removed from the list if, for example, you see an Operator erase it.

Disrupt will only be removed by Operators and I think Programmers, too.
didn't know that Ops. removed it huh. Anyway thanks for the clear up.