• September 20, 2024, 11:29:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Poll

I had the same thing twice but I changed my mind, look at the subject.

Saw it on Steam and got curious.
- 0 (0%)
Recommend by a friend
- 0 (0%)
Recommend by someone in a different community that you were in.
- 0 (0%)
...Dosh vid...
- 1 (100%)
...Youngsters vid...
- 0 (0%)
There is Kyz's past X@com so you maybe come from there
- 0 (0%)
Other (comment)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: September 05, 2024, 09:55:41 AM

Author Topic: How did you learn about Cogmind?  (Read 516 times)

N.W.L

• Derelict
  • N.W.L- Not-War-Lord ( yes I know it's not correct
    • View Profile
How did you learn about Cogmind?
« on: August 29, 2024, 09:55:41 AM »

I'm really curious about where/what communitys people come from.
Unfortunately alot of the community is on Discord and will never see this bit or they don't have an account.

My trip was from mindustry (really good for  being the price of free), Factorio, so I started watching dosh vids, at that point I almost got ADOM but then he released the Cogmind vid. So I looked at the community and liked what I saw and the rest is history.
 So now, depending on your metric of choice, I have 260 hours on score dump or 290/300 hours according to Steam to this day. :P

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: How did you learn about Cogmind?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2024, 08:13:24 PM »

True that most everyone moved over to Discord once that became active in 2016--prior to that this was the main place for interaction :P (I guess you could post a link to this thread one the Discord, since a good number of folks do have an account here as well)

This year I'm sure the majority came from Dosh's video, with others sparked by just general news of the new layouts and zooming, which youngster helped with in their own video.

There are definitely original X@COM players around, but in that case most were here from the beginning, having just come over from that. It doesn't get a ton of attention anymore after all this time.

Organic discovery on Steam is quite low for Cogmind considering it's a niche title, so interest is generally driven from the various other outside sources.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

N.W.L

• Derelict
  • N.W.L- Not-War-Lord ( yes I know it's not correct
    • View Profile
Re: How did you learn about Cogmind?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2024, 05:52:06 AM »

Organic discovery on Steam is quite low for Cogmind considering it's a niche title, so interest is generally driven from the various other outside sources.

I ended up putting that as an afterthought more than a real likelihood maybe next beta I'll do this the right way a post a link on Discord (like you suggested) every 12hrs or so and ask that they vote, because most of the flow here are guests and don't want to make an account, which is fair