Grid Sage Forums

• September 20, 2024, 11:50:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Beta 14 Botcube Brawl!!! - August 24th @ 6pm (US Central Time)  (Read 1636 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

[Announcement originally by Plexion on the Discord server, copying here to document for posterity.]

"In honor of the recent Beta 14 update, and the introduction of the new Botcube item, I thought it would be fitting to announce the first ever BOTCUBE BRAWL!!!! That's right! Battlebots, but in Cogmind! Pit your build ideas against each other in the arena, hosted by yours truly!

(art by Plexion)

[Submissions were originally accepted via the main Discord channel, but slots filled up quickly and are now closed.]

View the bracket here: https://challonge.com/8uglusg9

Rules
  • Note: Botcubes have a slot distribution of 1/2/6/2, have 125 core, 30 energy generation and 50 heat dissipation, 50% ex res and 75% em res.
  • You have 55 points to spend on parts, where each part's point cost is equal to its effective rating * its slot count (effective rating being the rating number + 1 if it's a prototype)
  • Due to limited access to high end tech (and for balance) you may not use any 7*/8 or higher rating parts
  • You may not use any "unique" parts, this should be fairly obvious but see the signup page for more details on what's allowed. Alternatively, use the following spreadsheet courtesy of aoemica to calculate your build from a list of allowed parts: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17AJHtriqbuFT2O-oHEDIrKSM55RO0Hh9mZoAKXW1sUA/edit?gid=461723052#gid=461723052

Where
The full tournament will be livestreamed on twitch at on Aug 24th at 6:00pm US central at https://www.twitch.tv/plexion_

01-MTF will be joining me in the commentary booth as we observe the ensuing carnage!"

Of course I'll be there as well, and participating as you can see in the bracket below:

Botcubes ready for battle near the arena prepared by Plexion which is already set up for this coming weekend:

The video will be available later for anyone who can't make it to the live event.

Update 240826: Big thanks to Plexion for coming up with the idea and hosting the event, and MTF for joining as commentator, sure was a lot of fun :D

The results are below, an you can watch the recording if you're interested in how it went. Plenty of epic battles and unexpected outcomes within...

« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 05:38:58 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

N.W.L

• Derelict
  • N.W.L- Not-War-Lord ( yes I know it's not correct
    • View Profile
Re: Beta 14 Botcube Brawl!!! - August 24th @ 6pm (US Central Time)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 04:29:19 AM »

I really wanted to join but by the time you made the announcement on the video, it was full ( how fast did it fill up? I want to make myself feel better for completely missing it ) anyway I'll be there ;D (unless I can't count and that day I do something, then... we'll have to see :P) tho it works perfectly since that usually when I play cogmind so watching cogmind is no different, right?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 05:25:43 AM »

Filled up in about two days, I believe, so several days before I even streamed. I do little news updates at the beginning of my streams, but definitely not a way to get the most timely community info :P

Should be fun, either way, even without participating directly! I know I'm excited to see what kinds of weird stuff people came up with, and the outcomes...

N.W.L

• Derelict
  • N.W.L- Not-War-Lord ( yes I know it's not correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2024, 07:09:15 AM »

I do little news updates at the beginning of my streams, but definitely not a way to get the most timely community info :P

To late for me XD. Yeah I knew that I'm just not on discord, like ever but I'm trying to be looking look at least once  a day   :P.
PS: if you want to learn how to bucher grammar, come to me

Should be fun, either way, even without participating directly! I know I'm excited to see what kinds of weird stuff people came up with, and the outcomes...
Can't wait for it!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 07:43:23 AM by N.W.L »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2024, 01:47:14 AM »

Updated OP with the results of the event.