Grid Sage Forums

• September 19, 2024, 11:46:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Beta 14 (build 240808a) misplaced an emergency access tunnel  (Read 1581 times)

N.W.L

• Derelict
  • N.W.L- Not-War-Lord ( yes I know it's not correct
    • View Profile
Beta 14 (build 240808a) misplaced an emergency access tunnel
« on: August 17, 2024, 03:04:47 PM »

Location-Materials -10
Seed-HardcellCyclingKit
I do know that is it not a bug to have an emergency access go to earth (future room) but in this case it would be a wall by MAINC planning so it is a bug... Right? The branch access seems to break the logic for that one specific case

Save file (not needed but for convenience) is there

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Beta 14 (build 240808a) misplaced an emergency access tunnel
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2024, 06:20:35 PM »

Not a bug, but it does get reported literally every month, so I may end up removing it one day. Hidden corridors can be built before the rooms they lead to, there's nothing odd about this! If you wait around long enough, the other side will get dug out--remember that the complex is still expanding, especially in the lower levels............
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

N.W.L

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2024, 04:49:12 AM »

Not a bug, but it does get reported literally every month, so I may end up removing it one day. Hidden corridors can be built before the rooms they lead to, there's nothing odd about this! If you wait around long enough, the other side will get dug out--remember that the complex is still expanding, especially in the lower levels............

Hmm we seam to have misunderstood each other I don't care about the fact that the room was dug out,  but to the fact that the emergency access door was placed in the corner of the room. I didn't know was allowed? ( the emergency access was the top right corner of the room)
I do want to note my wording of door since I know a tunnel can be placed to a future room but that's not my point
(I have 250 hours of play time I have had my fair share of emergency access tunnels to nowhere)
I don't think it's related to the room being dug out  at all, but that their is an access next to the corner of the wall
real question Is an emergency access door allowed to be placed in the corner of a room
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 04:59:37 AM by N.W.L »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2024, 05:40:15 AM »

Technically in that scenario there was an "open" space cardinally adjacent to the door, since stairs are considered normal moveable spaces as far as most bots go, and technically Cogmind can end up on them as well), but anyway it only was something that could happen if they're digging out a room like that, but no longer since I removed the possibility of active excavations earlier today so I stop getting reports related to it :P

N.W.L

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2024, 06:10:16 AM »

Technically in that scenario there was an "open" space cardinally adjacent to the door, since stairs are considered normal moveable spaces as far as most bots go, and technically Cogmind can end up on them as well), but anyway it only was something that could happen if they're digging out a room like that, but no longer since I removed the possibility of active excavations earlier today so I stop getting reports related to it :P

Hmm shame I liked that feature,
So is it a bug/unintended feature to have an emergency access door in the corner of a room?
I mean that was what my bug report was for...

Tho I'll post smaller bugs on discord I guess from now on if just to stop this clutter I'm making
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 06:15:00 AM by N.W.L »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2024, 06:34:37 AM »

Nah it's fine, you can post here if you like, just tend to get faster and more accurate feedback on Discord, especially if you aren't sure.

If you do find a hidden door on a corner in a normal case I imagine that would be a bug, though what I was saying was I don't think that's at issue there because there are stairs so it's not considered a corner but rather an open space. In any case, yeah I liked that feature too, but I'm tired of having to respond to people who report these corridors attached to unfinished rooms :P (even if that wasn't your intent, it still reminds me yet again... already third time this month xD)

It will be gone with the next patch coming this week.

N.W.L

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2024, 06:50:09 AM »

In any case, yeah I liked that feature too, but I'm tired of having to respond to people who report these corridors attached to unfinished rooms :P (even if that wasn't your intent, it still reminds me yet again... already third time this month xD)

It will be gone with the next patch coming this week.
I looked at one of those reports actually... maybe one day you'll be able to put it back in  :P

PS I just looked at the title and it says tunnel... Oops
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 06:52:17 AM by N.W.L »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2024, 07:01:39 AM »

I did forget to mention that I have specifically resisted removing this for so many years now... but clearly it must be done!

N.W.L

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2024, 08:52:27 AM »

I did forget to mention that I have specifically resisted removing this for so many years now... but clearly it must be done!

I read that comment  ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 09:29:14 AM by N.W.L »