Grid Sage Forums

• September 19, 2024, 05:52:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Beta 13 Research branch enemy had a malfunction (behavior) (spoiler)  (Read 1082 times)

N.W.L

• Derelict
  • N.W.L- Not-War-Lord ( yes I know it's not correct
    • View Profile

I don't know the seed but I have screen shots so I'll try to find the saves but the numbers being large an all overs the place means that i haven't found it YET

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 05:29:40 PM by N.W.L »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Beta 13 Research branch enemy had a malfunction (behavior) (spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2024, 08:58:28 PM »

Yeah would need to see the actual save to be able to tell what's going on (simply the latest user/.sav file will have that state in it if you've exited the game), since there's a number of legitimate reasons a bot might just stop functioning, so can't really tell from this. Could just be something normal.

(Seed doesn't mean anything here, that is only helpful for map generation.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

N.W.L

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2024, 05:00:34 AM »

Yeah would need to see the actual save to be able to tell what's going on (simply the latest user/.sav file will have that state in it if you've exited the game), since there's a number of legitimate reasons a bot might just stop functioning, so can't really tell from this. Could just be something normal.

(Seed doesn't mean anything here, that is only helpful for map generation.)
True seed won't do anything here... this is unfortunately at least a bug a month old (I didn't want to go through the hassle of making and account and bug reporting) and I don't have a save file :'(. My wording is horrible since I was referring to the score after dieing/winning)...I have a different bug on possible mapgen or enemy behavior so I'll first try to find the seed and see if it's mapgen or not

Could just be something normal
I don't see what you could mean by that?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2024, 06:12:41 AM »

There are normal conditions under which bots may stop doing what they're supposed to be doing, or anything at all, but without details it's hard to say whether any can be at play in this particular case.

(The vast majority of issues get reported via Discord, since that's where most of the frequent players hang out, and will also help each other examine what's going on while it's happening (rather than after the fact), which is better for analysis, and most of the time it turns out to be a misunderstanding or lack of complete understanding of certain mechanics or interactions. Not saying that's the case here, just mentioning it for future reference. And I'm often around to look at issues as well, or get called in to take a look at the specific save to get to the bottom of it.)

N.W.L

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2024, 09:52:28 AM »

The vast majority of issues get reported via Discord, since that's where most of the frequent players hang out, and will also help each other examine what's going on while it's happening (rather than after the fact), which is better for analysis, and most of the time it turns out to be a misunderstanding or lack of complete understanding of certain mechanics or interactions.)

I do realize that by a non measurable number that reports with a save near the same time is better but that was the past... unfortunately with the bug here it was at least a month before I even thought of making an account, probably two. So for now this bug will probably stay unsolved. I'll provide more details(on request) but I think it useless with how old it is (guess I'm going to the branch now) I'll try to recreated it but we will have to see.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2024, 06:25:22 PM »

Well for now I wouldn't consider this a bug, just an incidence without enough relevant info to point one way or another (but this is common in a large complex game with so many interconnected systems and shifting variables, hence the comment about getting help understanding a situation via other community members who are more familiar with all the possibilities). Anyway, keep an eye out.

N.W.L

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2024, 04:51:46 AM »

Well for now I wouldn't consider this a bug, just an incidence without enough relevant info to point one way or another (but this is common in a large complex game with so many interconnected systems and shifting variables, hence the comment about getting help understanding a situation via other community members who are more familiar with all the possibilities). Anyway, keep an eye out.
Will do