Grid Sage Forums

• October 22, 2024, 12:08:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 14] Ruler overlay shows written map comments when switching comments  (Read 450 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

Non-modal UI.

When using the ruler overlay, moving the cursor between two side-by-side comments causes the content of those comments to appear.
(The comments i tested on had security intel markers on them.)

Linked and attached videos are the same except for the quality.
https://imgur.com/a/inconsistent-map-comment-behavior-with-ruler-overlay-34eRDMw

By the way, do you have a preference between attached and linked videos?

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

Actually, maybe this behavior is a good thing (if not outright intended)?
I don't know about other people, but the few times where i'd be using a ruler overlay on side-by-side map comments would be :
-Times like this, where i want to know a Heavy's range but there's something else i've commented nearby, so the ability to distinguish between the two is slightly useful;
-Whenever i'm planning to attack a cave outpost or hack its terminal using cloaking/long range weapons (and i've commented every bot inside), and i don't feel like it ever bothered me before. If anything, i'm surprised i didn't notice it then, since this scenario happens far more often.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

It's fine, too minor and rare of a combo to matter, but technically while the ruler is mainly meant for measuring, it is allowed to stay open during other types of operations where it may exhibit a strange appearance, and you can even play with it open--that's intentional, if not something people would really want to do. It does of course lead to some visual oddities if you use it for more than just quick measuring.

By the way, do you have a preference between attached and linked videos?
Linked is fine for videos, since they're larger and better served from elsewhere, I imagine (assuming they'll be around, like Imgur). On the server they just take up extra space and aren't probably needed for long anyway, not if they're in this board.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon